First United Methodist Church
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Growing and Sharing our Faith in God
So you're ready to join First UMC! What direction are you coming from?
1. Profession of Faith and Baptism
If you are not now a baptized Christian, Pastor Ron would love to discuss the meaning of the Sacrament with you!
Meet in your home or in his study at your convenience.
2. Transfer From a United Methodist Church
* Contact the church office via email or phone.
* We’ll connect you with a pastor to talk about membership at FUMC.
* We'll handle the transfer and contact your former church for you!
3. Transfer From Another Christian Denomination
* See the steps under “Transfer from a United Methodist Church” above.
* Since you are already baptized and confirmed, these steps will not be repeated.
* You will be asked to take the one vow taken by all members of the United Methodist Church:
"Will you be loyal to the United Methodist Church and uphold it by your prayers, your presence, your gifts and your service?"
* You may be part of a church that won’t accept your transfer to the UMC.
That’s ok! Your baptism is recognized and accepted by us.
You’ll be confirmed as a church member through the Renewal of Vows process.
If you are a United Methodist whose membership is in another city or state and you wish to retain membership in your home church, you can become an Affiliate Memberof FUMC. This grants you pastoral oversight, fellowship and participation at FUMC. You will not be counted on FUMC's membership roll, but at your home church. We will write your home church informing them of your Affiliate Member status at FUMC.
Members of other Christian denominations may elect to become Associate Members under the same conditions.